— Label & Narrow Web (@LabelAndNarrow) March 26, 2018
What are you packaging?
Some items to consider:
- Oxygen permeability rate requirements (OTR)
- Moisture permeability rate requirements (MVTR)
- Aroma Barrier
- Light Transmission (damage from UV)
- Film preference (PET, OPP, PE, etc.)
- Inks: current barrier is good for printing with solvent, UV and digital inks
Now you’ve chosen your print and sealing web films. What’s next?
Just a little bit of set up.
- Replace your normal label stock with acpo Oxygen Barrier film (print web).
- Reverse print directly onto the oxygen barrier film.
- Turn your lamination station into a “sealing station”. Apply acpo sealing film (sealing web) to the barrier film as if you were laminating any other label substrate.
STEP 3 – VOILA!
Without any added equipment, you’ve just created flexible packaging with your Digital or Flexographic press!
STEP 4 – POUCH MAKING
The contract converter will take your printed material and form into pre-made pouches or bags ready to send to your customer.
A co-packer will use equipment not only to form the pouch, but also fill and seal.
Contact your sales representative for more information on the barrier films acpo offers.
Stop by the Sun Chemical booth #1 at the 2017 Global Pouch West event in Anaheim, CA and learn about the exciting new products that acpo, ltd offers to the flexible packaging industry. Our Flexible Packaging Product Manager John Coyne will be available to discuss your needs and answer your questions.
With an eye firmly focused on the future, when it came time for acpo to install a corona treater on one of our several coating lines, we turned to the inventor, Vetaphone.
This is yet another step towards our continued growth in the flexible packaging market. In addition to the new corona treater, we have recently purchased seven new state-of-the-art two meter slitters specifically designed to handle thin films at high speeds. Two of the slitters have been installed at the Oak Harbor, OH location while others are in use at our facilities across the country.
Read more on why we chose Vetaphone here…
acpo is proud to be a Gold Partner at Dscoop Phoenix. Spend some time with us at Booth 801 and learn from our experts. Here’s what you can expect to see:
Narrow web digital and flexo printers – you too can make flexible packaging!
Overlaminates for Digital Labels
Brand Protection / Anti-Counterfeit
Multiple levels of security technologies available
acpo will be exhibiting with our strategic partner, Sun Chemical, at the upcoming Global Pouch West show in Las Vegas, NV.
Stop by and talk with our experts in barrier films and flexible packaging. You can find us at Stand 16.