What are you packaging?
Some items to consider:
- Oxygen permeability rate requirements (OTR)
- Moisture permeability rate requirements (MVTR)
- Aroma Barrier
- Light Transmission (damage from UV)
- Film preference (PET, OPP, PE, etc.)
- Inks: current barrier is good for printing with solvent, UV and digital inks
Now you’ve chosen your print and sealing web films. What’s next?
Just a little bit of set up.
- Replace your normal label stock with acpo Oxygen Barrier film (print web).
- Reverse print directly onto the oxygen barrier film.
- Turn your lamination station into a “sealing station”. Apply acpo sealing film (sealing web) to the barrier film as if you were laminating any other label substrate.
STEP 3 – VOILA!
Without any added equipment, you’ve just created flexible packaging with your Digital or Flexographic press!
STEP 4 – POUCH MAKING
The contract converter will take your printed material and form into pre-made pouches or bags ready to send to your customer.
A co-packer will use equipment not only to form the pouch, but also fill and seal.
Contact your sales representative for more information on the barrier films acpo offers.
Stop by the Sun Chemical booth #1 at the 2017 Global Pouch West event in Anaheim, CA and learn about the exciting new products that acpo, ltd offers to the flexible packaging industry. Our Flexible Packaging Product Manager John Coyne will be available to discuss your needs and answer your questions.
As digital presses continue to expand in the label and flexible packaging market, the demand is growing for a wide range of robust self-wound overlaminates designed to work specifically with this print technology. Digital printing has evolved beyond short runs and personalization. High-end graphic capabilities, flexibility, and low cost set up have elevated digital printing to assist brand owners to expand and achieve more customized marketing strategies.
From small hometown grocers to large pharmaceutical companies, our line of variable data printable overlaminates gives end user the ability to print on site information such as expiration dates, lot codes and barcodes. We offer options for thermal transfer, hot stamp, Videojet® or laser printable.
In addition to general purpose polyester self-wound overlaminates, acpo manufactures several specialty products. These products offer various benefits in addition to print and graphics protection on specific applications.
- UV Screening/Durable
- Thermal Transfer Printable
- Laser Printable
- Paint Mask
- Removable Adhesives
- Easy Release
- Shelf Marking