What are you packaging?
Some items to consider:
- Oxygen permeability rate requirements (OTR)
- Moisture permeability rate requirements (MVTR)
- Aroma Barrier
- Light Transmission (damage from UV)
- Film preference (PET, OPP, PE, etc.)
- Inks: current barrier is good for printing with solvent, UV and digital inks
Now you’ve chosen your print and sealing web films. What’s next?
Just a little bit of set up.
- Replace your normal label stock with acpo Oxygen Barrier film (print web).
- Reverse print directly onto the oxygen barrier film.
- Turn your lamination station into a “sealing station”. Apply acpo sealing film (sealing web) to the barrier film as if you were laminating any other label substrate.
STEP 3 – VOILA!
Without any added equipment, you’ve just created flexible packaging with your Digital or Flexographic press!
STEP 4 – POUCH MAKING
The contract converter will take your printed material and form into pre-made pouches or bags ready to send to your customer.
A co-packer will use equipment not only to form the pouch, but also fill and seal.